We believe in going as natural as you can possibly go! So why not make your own Body Butter? Store bought moisturizers can contain a lot of chemicals which get absorbed into your body through your skin. So we found a Body Butter DIY that is 100% natural and that you can easily make at home! So get your double boiler ready and give this recipe a whirl!
Want to give it an extra moisture boost? Mix in five drops of your SkinOwl Argan Infusion to take this cream to the next level of aromatherapy. Choose from Lavender, Geranium, or Clary Sage in our online store for an extra boost of nourishment.
Makes 2 1/2 to 3 cups whipped butter.
1 cup Organic, raw shea butter
1/2 cup coconut oil
1/2 cup almond oil
Melt shea butter and coconut oil in the top of a double boiler. Remove from heat and let cool for 30 minutes.
Stir in almond oil and SkinOwl Argan Infusion Oil (or essential oils of your choosing).
Place oil mixture in freezer or outside to chill.
Wait until oils start to partially solidify then whip until a butter-like consistency is achieved.
Place in clean, glass jar and enjoy! A little goes a long way.
1. You can use what ever oils you wish, just make sure you keep the ratio 75% solid to 25% liquid.
2. The chilling step is crucial. If you don’t chill it properly, it won’t whip or stay whipped. About 20 minutes in the freezer usually does the trick for this batch. Make sure you scrape down the sides before mixing.
3. Since this recipe does not contain any water, it will not mold. You should keep in a cool place but it does not have to be refrigerated.
4. We do not know the exact shelf life but it should keep at least a few months, plus.
5. The body butter melts as it goes on and gets a little oily but absorbs beautifully, quickly and leaves your skin very soft.