Here in SkinOwl HQ were are majorly obsessed with maqui berry. Being a key ingredient in our Beauty Whip Face Mask as well as our amazing new Beauty Drops pm facial oil, this antioxidant-packed superfruit is definitely here to stay. Even if you’re a dedicated lover of our maqui berry products as well, you may have not realized that this skin-loving ingredient can also be a healthy treat! Sprinkle it on your salads, mix it in with your smoothies, or do as we do here at SkinOwl and give your brownies an unexpected, healthy boost.
We recently made a whopping batch of 200 of these brownies to give out to friends and supporters of SkinOwl in LA. From Credo to Detox Market and Arnold the printer to our UPS guy, each one of these individuals and teams has played an integral part in making SkinOwl HQ run smoothly. So here’s a big thank you to all our supporters and fans here in LA and across the world. We appreciate you more than you know!
So, in honor of this beautiful season of giving, we thought we’d share with you our now instastory famous Vegan & Gluten-Free Maqui Berry Brownies. They’re so simple to make and absolutely delicious. We hope you love them as much as we do!
Vegan & Gluten-Free Maqui Berry Brownies
1 bag Bobs Red Mill Gluten Free Brownie Mix
3/4 c Organic Unsweetened Applesauce
1/2 c Earth Balance Original Vegan Butter (melted)
1 tbsp Maqui Berry Powder
- Preheat the oven to 325 *F
- Melt the vegan butter and mix the brownie mix, applesauce, and melted butter together in a medium bowl. Use a whisk to reduce clumps.
- Prep your brownie pan with vegan butter or cupcake tin with liners. Distribute brownie mix evenly into your baking pan of choice.
- Pop brownies into the oven.
- Bake brownies for 30 minutes.
- Allow brownies to cool for a few minutes. Finish them off by sprinkling maqui berry powder on top of them. Enjoy!
We really hope you enjoy this recipe! These little goodies flew off our counters faster than we are willing to admit. But hey, they’re healthy, right?