Hey there Beauty Birds! We’ve got something new headed your way and it’s perfect for all the winter skin feels. Your favorite Beauty Steam has just gotten a makeover and this version 2.0, otherwise known as Snow Glow, is a dry skin’s dream. Chock full of nourishing and hydrating florals such as jasmine, elderflower, and lavender, this facial steam is going to be your new favorite selfcare ritual in your winter skincare regimen. Get your hands on your own Snow Glow steam shot in our Winter Wonders kit, launching Saturday, February 2nd.
As you might expect with any SkinOwl product deep dive here on the blog, let’s take a closer look into some of the amazing botanical elements found in our Snow Glow Beauty Steam.
First off we have lavender. Commonly known for it’s soothing and relaxing properties, this fresh-smelling botanical is one of our favorite mood enhancers. Its anti-inflammatory and antibacterial elements help calm the skin, reducing redness and targetting the bacteria causing breakouts. It’s also perfect for itchy and dry winter skin as it helps reduce the irritation associated with eczema and extremely dry skin.
Next, we have nutrient and antioxidant-rich elderflower. Being an anti-inflammatory and having a high vitamin content, elderflower helps to slow down the clock, reducing the formation of fine lines and wrinkles. It also protects your skin from free radical damage associated with sun exposure and other environmental stressors. Overall, this powerful ingredient will firm your skin and leave you with an enhanced, even-toned complexion.
Jasmine, a floral coveted for both its romantic fragrance and its skin benefits, is our last botanical. A go-to for sensitive and irritated skin, this soothing botanical is perfect for those moments when your skin freaks out. It helps to balance all skin types, from dry to sensitive to oily and promotes an even complexion. This hydrating flower moisturizes the skin without clogging pores and can help give a youthful appearance to your skin. If you’re someone who is looking for a solution to hyperpigmentation or scarring, give Jasmine a try.
HOW TO GET THE MOST OUT OF YOUR BEAUTY STEAM
Here are some ways you can use our Snow Glow Beauty Steam to refresh and revitalize yourself.
- Beauty Steam: After cleansing your face, place 2 spoonfuls of herbs into a bowl of boiling water and allow them to steep and cool for a few minutes. Drape a towel over your head and the bowl allowing the rising steam to carry the regenerative herbal properties to your skin. Steam for a maximum of 5 minutes and follow with your favorite SkinOwl Beauty Drops.
- Drinkable Tea: When you’re finished steaming, you can strain the liquid and drink it as a tea. It tastes sweet, refreshing and floral. Drinking your Beauty Steam tea helps you revitalize your body from both the inside and outside.
- Tea Toner: Another way you can use your Beauty Steam tea is as a toner. Strain the tea and pour the liquid into a spray bottle. Now you can spritz your face after cleansing to tone your skin or throughout the day to refresh your complexion and makeup. Make sure to keep your bottle in the fridge. It should last one week.
- Bath Steam: Your whole body needing a bit of a cleanse and detox? Toss two scoops of your Beauty Steam into a warm bath. Relax amongst the radiance-boosting flora for 10 to 15 minutes while you allow your body to detoxify and your mind to clear.
- Hair Rinse: Cool your liquid Beauty Steam tea and use it as a hair rinse to finish off your shower. All you have to do is pour the tea over your head and throughout your hair for a head-to-toe revitalizing experience. Plus, your hair will smell like a fresh floral bouquet for a week!
- Yoni Steam: Struggling with women’s problems? Try using our Beauty Steam as a Yoni Steam to help heal your body from the inside and support your body’s natural processes.
- Recycle Your Steam: Once you’ve steamed and decided how to reuse your liquid, don’t forget to reuse your Beauty Steam herbs and flowers. Once strained, you can freeze your herbs and use once more!
- Beauty Steam Potpourri: Toss a scoop or two of steam into a fabric pouch and use the refreshing aroma of your Beauty Steam as a potpourri for your undie drawers.
**If you have cystic acne, please limit steaming time to one minute.
There are really so many amazing ways to use your Beauty Steam. Here at SkinOwl, we love taking the time out of our day to pamper ourselves with a steam. It’s refreshing, revitalizing, and healing properties give your skin some serious radiance. Get your Snow Glow in our Winter Wonders Kit on Saturday!