There’s something pretty magical about setting the intention to care more for yourself. In this busy world we live in, it’s so easy to be swept away in our work, our responsibilities, our social calendar, and even in our relationships. This year, at SkinOwl HQ, we’re setting a group intention to spend more time on ourselves this year. We do this knowing that quality time with ourselves to relax and rejuvenate will help us be more present, better manage our stress, and overall feel happier.
We do also understand that setting the intention of more selfcare is easier said than done. Sometimes in the moment, it can be difficult to identify what your mind and body really needs. That’s why we’ve come up with a list of 10 selfcare intentions to help you make the time you spend with yourself quality time.
10 Selfcare Intentions for 2019
Book a Date Twice a Month with Yourself. Pro tip: calendar it so you have a lesser chance of canceling on yourself
Set your social media timer to 55 minutes to keep phone-zone-outs to a minimum and set parameters for how much time you spend not IRL.
Stay In Vs. Going Out. This could be inviting friends over to cook meals, going for a hike, or having a vision board night. Use this time being active, whether that’s an active mind or an active body.
Skip The Scale. See how things feel off the scale, this can create more peace between you and your body vs. you and your weight.
Take a day off from the gym every 8 days. Gives you something new to look forward to! Replace the gym with another form of selfcare.
- Schedule yourself a monthly spa experience. Taking the time to center both your body and mind is important. Whether you can dedicate an entire day or just a 30-minute facial, taking this time away from your daily life will re-energize you.
- Read a Book for Pleasure. Spend an hour each day stepping into a different world when you dive deep into your new favorite read.
- Start juicing. Starting off each day the healthy way does much more than simply providing a nutrient boost to your body; it’s a mindset change that will influence how you treat your body for the rest of the day.
- Start a New Passion Project. This could be as simple as a quick and easy DIY or as challenging as you want to make it, but spending this time working on something for you and by you will make you feel strong, independent, and accomplished.
- Boost your Beauty Routine. Break out your Beauty Steam and your Body+ and cozy up in a good bath with a good book.
Now that we’ve given you 10 amazing selfcare intentions for the new year, what are you waiting for?! Choose your favorite and start spending more time on yourself this New Year!