After spending years using a SLEW of products on my skin, I’m here to say that less is absolutely more as I cruise into the first few weeks of my 38th year on Earth. Being a full brown product junkie, I’ve always loved stocking up on serums, balms, mists, and cleansers, flip flopping whenever the mood struck me. But, over time, the constant product swapping left my skin confused, irritated, and broken out. Over the last few years, it’s been about finding a tried and true ritual and exploring new products one at a time. GASP. I know, the horror. This has not only allowed me to see how my skin actually responds to a new product but save a ton of money. Take it from me, when you try 2-3 new products at a time, it’s hard to give credit where credit’s due OR point a finger at the culprit when a pimple pops up. So, nowadays, it’s all about no-fail products that keep my skin glowing and most importantly, as predictable as possible.
Nowadays, it’s all about treating my sensitive skin with non-irritating ingredients, pure plant oils, and antioxidants (Hi Maqui Berry!). The cocktail of these three things allows makeup to go on evenly AND makeup-free days. So without further adieu, here are the products I’m using on my skin from dusk till dawn:
– Splash face with cold water. I haven’t used a cleanser in the morning for two years and it’s changed my skin. My skin is less irritable, dry, and acne-prone.
– Three sprays of Lemongrass Beauty Mist to refresh and awaken my skin.
– I then mix 6 drops of my Geranium Beauty Drops with 2 pumps of my Maqui Berry Beauty Whip. This gives me moisture, a dewy finish, and antioxidant protection.
– Next, I apply one pinky dab of Eye+ on each eye. I keep my jar in the fridge because I’m prone to puffiness and the look of water retention.
– This is my favorite part. Next, I do a 30 second Beauty Wand treatment. You can see how to wiggle your way to vibrant, detoxified skin here. I practice this about 2 times a week, as it’s sometimes hard to find time to do it more than that with everything else I want to get done in a day.
– Next, I pick my Body+ Highlighting Oil. Most of the time, I’ll use the Rose Quartz. But I love the Selenite during the winter as it brings out my inner snow angel (even though I live in Los Angeles).
– If I am super dry, I will apply one to two pumps of our Body Oil and Neck+ (mix them together for OMG moisture). If not, I’ll skip it!
– After that, I apply make makeup which is a myriad of Rituel De Fille (concealer), Ilia or Kosas (foundation), Milk (mascara), Jillian Dempsey (lid creams!) and W3LL PEOPLE’s now discontinued eye shadows. Brows. Always Ere Perez.
– I apply our Body Oil to my face to take off makeup. It is a magic trick that I’m happy to pass along!
– Then I use our Avocado Beauty Bar to suds up and cleanse my skin
– Next, I spray my Lemongrass Beauty Mist (3 spritzes)
– And finally, I apply 6 drops of my Maqui Berry Beauty Drops PM into 2 pumps of my Maqui Berry Beauty Whip. A pinky dab of Eye+ (my favorite product ever) and call it a NIGHT.
There you have it. That’s my regimen! And has been for the last year and change. If you’re new to SkinOwl or looking to streamline your regimen, leave a comment below. I love helping people with their skin. It is my passion. It is something I take great pride in and absolutely adore. Any questions, we are here to help!
With love for the skin I’m in,