This Zucchini Carpaccio is a delicious and healthy dish that makes a great appetizer or salad course!
Special Skingredient Bonus: This salad is made with avocados which contain healthy fats and phytonutrients that offer remarkable benefits to the skin! Soft, supple, youthful, radiant skin is on its way with these power foods!
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon Lemon Zest Salt (recipe follows)
- 3 tablespoons best- quality pistachio oil (such as Leblanc) or extra- virgin olive oil
- 4 small, fresh zucchini (about 4 ounces each), rinsed and trimmed at both ends
- 1 large ripe avocado
- 1/2 cup salted pistachios
- 4 fresh lemon thyme sprigs, with flowers if possible
- Fleur de sel
- Lemon Zest Salt
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest, preferably organic
- 1 tablespoon fine sea salt
For the Lemon Zest Salt:
Combine the lemon zest and salt in the spice grinder, and grind into a
fine powder. Transfer to a small jar and close with the lid. (Store,
sealed in the jar, in the refrigerator for up to 1 week. After that the
lemon flavor will begin to fade.)
For the salad: In the jar, combine the lemon juice and flavored salt. Cover with the lid and shake to blend. Add the oil and shake to blend.
With the mandoline or chef’s
knife, slice the zucchini lengthwise as thin as possible. Arrange the
slices on a platter and pour the dressing over them. Tilt the platter
back and forth to coat the slices evenly. Cover with plastic wrap and
let marinate at room temperature for 30 minutes, so the zucchini absorbs
the dressing and does not dry out.
Halve, pit, and peel the avocado,
and cut it lengthwise into very thin slices. Carefully arrange the
slices of marinated zucchini on individual salad plates, alternating
with the avocado slices, slightly overlapping them. Sprinkle with the
pistachio nuts. Garnish with the thyme sprigs and flowers and fleur de
Recipe Source: Serious Eats